Responding to Country Needs
Country Support Package
PAGE tools & services are tailored to the unique starting points, needs and circumstances of each partner country to help develop its own pathway to green recovery, circularity and an inclusive green economy. Synchronizing short-term rescue efforts with long-term economic planning, and aligning them with global sustainability commitments is necessary to address the root causes of environmental degradation and social inequalities.
PAGE has emerged as an innovative model of inter-agency cooperation for other UN initiatives that seek to deliver as one. The partnership offers a comprehensive, coordinated and cost-effective package of economic and scientific analytical tools, technical assistance for policy development, and capacity building services for policy implementation.
Countries join PAGE through a criteria-based selection process, which has become a competitive process. Country support is time-bound and results-oriented and subject to commitments of interested governments and stakeholders. PAGE has a track record of providing demand-driven policy and capacity-building support helping countries move towards circularity and a green economy.
Core offer – Tools & Services
PAGE helps countries, through integrated technical advice, analysis and capacity building, to embark on a whole-economy and whole-society transition to an inclusive green economy.
Find out more about PAGE core offer – tool & services and strategy.
Country Starter Kit
The Green Economy Toolkit for Policymakers provides countries with practical guidance on how to formulate and assess policies, measure progress and model future effects of the transition.
The toolkit consists of three publications:
- Guidance manual for green economy policy assessment
- Guidance manual for green economy indicators
- Using models for green economy policymaking.
PAGE enables countries to achieve their SDG commitments and climate and biodiversity targets through deeper economic reframing. PAGE work evolves around policymaking,capacity building and knowledge sharing.
Reinforced IGE measures in national development and economic planning
- Informing and enabling policy reforms
- Facilitating consensus on policy options
- Building capacity to implement policies and measure progress
Thematic and sectoral policy reforms and financing the transition
- Informing and enabling thematic and sectoral policy reforms
- Catalysing finance for IGE transition
Capacity-building for implementing the IGE transition
- Strengthening individual and national institutional capacities
- Developing country sustainability strategy for the period beyond PAGE Trust Fund direct support
Communication, outreach and knowledge sharing
- Developing and implementing national communication strategies
- Sharing, replicating and scaling up good practices through South-South and Triangular Cooperation
PAGE Alumni countries
- Post-graduation support (case by case basis)
- Green Economy Challenge Fund (through competitive application process)
You may be interested in
Responding to Global Challenges
To support policymakers globally, PAGE develops and disseminate new analytical tools, capacity-building modules and courses, and cutting-edge knowledge products on inclusive green economy.
PAGE supports countries to improve their Inclusive Green Economy (IGE) knowledge base by generating and sharing knowledge products such as manuals, reports, lessons learned and best practices to inform and support national policy analysis and formulation.
Uniting the UN system
PAGE is the pioneer to support offices of UN Resident Coordinators around the world to deliver tailored support to countries, enable cross-fertilization, and leverage the UN System for green economic transformation.
PAGE is supporting countries to transform their economies through green economy policies and practices.
PAGE welcomes expression of interest to join PAGE as a country partner, as an action partner and as a funding partner. Together let’s enable countries to achieve their SDG commitments through green economic transformation. Join us now!