The action-research network WE-Africa and the Global Leadership Academy, in partnership with the African Centre for a Green Economy, are launching a Leadership and Innovation Lab that brings together thought leaders and change agents from different countries and sectors to co-create ideas and transformative actions for a wellbeing economy. Over the course of one year, the Lab will stimulate critical thinking and innovative practices for the achievement of social, political and economic transformation in Africa.
For more information on how to participate click here and check out the We-Africa Lab info-sheet.
The WE-Africa Lab will provide a space of inquiry and experimentation around the following core objectives:
- Fostering individual and collective leadership. Dynamic and complex realities call for collective leadership focusing on enabling collaboration, rather than heroic leadership pushing for unilateral decisions.
- Encouraging cross-sectoral collaboration. The Lab will provide an opportunity to develop and consolidate links between a diverse group of people, committed to a profound social, political and economic transition in Africa.
- Developing transformative action. The Lab will provide an experimental space that merges research and practice with a view to generating innovations for a wellbeing economy. Transformative actions may be small-scale or span across countries and partners.
- Supporting a continental network of change makers. Through its research-action orientation, the Lab will contribute to the development of a continent-wide network of change agents. The Lab will strengthen the WE-Africa network, an alliance spanning the continent and involving more than 50 change leaders, which will guarantee the sustainability and long-term efficacy of the Lab.
- Impacting global discourses on development. Ideas, findings, recommendations and transformative actions that emerge during the Lab process will be fed into relevant networks to impact the global debate on development in the 21st century.