The 4th PAGE/DCO Dialogue on “One UN for Accelerating a Fair and Green Economic Transformation”
Greening the Economy for all: Leveraging the green transformation to mitigate multidimensional poverty and inequality
30 May 2023, 15:00 CEST
In 2015, the world agreed on an ambitious set of global goals for people, planet, and prosperity – the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Underpinning this agreement are the principles that these goals are indivisible and interconnected, that human prosperity must respect planetary boundaries, and that we must leave no one behind.
However, economic growth has often come at the cost of environmental degradation and increased social inequalities, with millions worldwide still facing poverty and exclusion.
This webinar aims to provide a platform for RCO economists, experts, and practitioners to exchange ideas, knowledge, and expertise on how a green economic transformation can be leveraged to address multidimensional poverty and inequality in a challenging global context.
- Opening remarks
Asad Naqvi, Head of the PAGE Secretariat
- High-level Panel Discussion
Moderator: Asad Naqvi, Head of the PAGE Secretariat
- Sabina Alkire, Director of the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI)
- Valérie Schmitt, Deputy Director, Social Protection Department at International Labour Organization
- Margaret Chitiga, Dean of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria
- Geroge Gray Molina, Chief Economist and Head of the Inclusive Growth team at UNDP’s Global Policy Bureau (TBC)
*speakers may subject to change
- Transition and welcome remarks to the discussion
- Asad Naqvi, Head of the PAGE Secretariat.
- Marta Calì, Chief of Policy, Development Coordination Office (DCO)
- Discussion with UNRCO Economists
Moderator: Marta Calì, Chief of Policy, Development Coordination Office (DCO)
- Contributions by RCO Economists
- Closing Remarks
Marta Calì, Chief of Policy, Development Coordination Office (DCO)