High-level side-event COP27
9 November 2022, 11:30 - 13:00 EET
GGKP, PAGE, UNEP, UNIDO, UNITAR, ESCWA, UNECE, UN-OHRLLS organise a high-level side event on the transition to a Circular Economy at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27) in Sharm el-Sheikh.
By bringing together representatives of governments, private sector, think tanks and youth, this event will discuss strategies to accelerate the global shift towards a circular economy in the context of mounting debt levels and a food and energy breakdown that threatens to derail progress towards sustainable development, particularly for developing countries.
Would you like to be part of the discussion in the run up to COP27? Do you have any idea on how circular economy can serve as a catalyst to tackle climate change, to promote human well-being and make economies more competitive?
To contribute to this urgent discussion, environmental and sustainability experts, practitioners and enthusiasts are invited to submit short contributions in the form of articles, opinions, editorials, blogs, etc., which can inform the discussions and build momentum around the event.
Ms. Miranda Schnitger, Climate Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
Gerd Müller, Director General, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Panel discussion
Panel discussion on “Accelerating circularity as a holistic response to the triple planetary crisis: The Economic Case” moderated by Ms. Miranda Schnitger, Climate Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation:
- H.E. Dr. Jeanne d’Arc Mujawamariya, Minister for Environment, Republic of Rwanda
- HRH. Ms. Mashael bint Saud AlShalan, Co-Founder, Aeon Collective, Kingdom Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Medrilzam, Director of Environmental Affairs within the Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS), Indonesia
- Mr. Robert Marinkovic, Adviser, Climate Change at International Organisation of Employers (IOE)
- Mr Xuan Zihan, YOUNGO Cities and Green Jobs Working Groups representative
Engagement with the in-person audience and online.
- Closing remarks
Olga Algayerova, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)