First PAGE Ministerial Conference in Dubai 2014
The inaugural conference of the Partneship for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) was held in the United Arab Emirates, under the Patronage of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The two day event took place from 4 to 5 March 2014.
The conference was an opportunity to review international experience and progress related to green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication. It also considered how greener economies can contribute to the emerging post-2015 development agenda.
More than 450 participants from 66 countries, including 27 Ministers, representing governments, the private sector, civil society and development agencies, attended the meeting.
The conference was opened by the UAE Minister of Environment and Water, followed by representatives from PAGE countries and PAGE partners, including UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner.
This session was followed by parallel thematic discussions on issues relevant for advancing inclusive green economies.
A Chair's Summary – consisting of a set of general principles and policy recommendations to realize economic, social and environmental benefits from transitioning to inclusive, environmentally friendly and resource-efficient green economies – was produced at the end of the conference.
The objectives of the conference were the following
1. Take stock of best practices and lessons learned in advancing an inclusive green economy through policy reforms and shifting investment into key areas of the economy that produce jobs, social equity and income;
2. Share this knowledge through interactive thematic sessions geared toward developing a set of general principles and policy recommendations to realize economic, social and environmental benefits from transitioning to inclusive green economies; and
3. Explore the multiple pathways and partnerships – including PAGE - available to countries as they lead these transitions within their national contexts.
Documents and presentations
Conference Summary and Conclusions
Opening Speech - by Oyun Sanjaasuren, Minister of Environment, Mongolia
Opening Speech - by Dr. Lee Jaehyun, Deputy Ministry of Environment Republic of Korea
Opening Statement - by Achim Steiner, Executive Director of UNEP
Session Concept Notes and Summary Reports
Green Industrial Policy - How can green industrial policies be designed to contribute to a socially inclusive green economy that utilizes a country’s potential to its fullest? - by UNEP and UNIDO
Green Industrial Policies summary report
Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction - How can green economy approaches help reduce poverty, inequality, and vulnerabilities while ensuring environmental sustainability? - by ILO and UNDP-UNEP PEI
Social Inclusion summary report
Side Event Documents
- by The Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP)
- by The Green Growth Best Practive (GGBP)