First Global Forum on
Green Economy Learning
Engaging learning institutions and professionals in shaping an Inclusive Green Economy
An event organized by the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) in collaboration with the Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
The 1st Global Forum on Green Economy Learning brought together policy-makers, development partners, as well as representatives from education and training institutions, NGOs and business associations to identify opportunities for scaling-up green economy learning. More specifically the Forum aimed to:
- Facilitate information exchange, experience-sharing and coordination for green economy learning;
- Review national approaches to develop a strategic approach to green economy learning;
- Engage learning institutions in integrating green economy concepts within existing courses;
- Initiate collaboration to develop a self-standing green economy curriculum
- Create a community of practice of green economy learning professionals and institutions
The Forum resulted in the draft of the “Paris Summary Statement on Inclusive Green Economy Learning”.
Participants expressed great interest in continuing collaboration on this important issue. In this view, possibilities for the creation of a Global Network of Learning Institutions, as well as organizing the Forum as a recurrent event, will be further explored and considered.
The main results and highlights of the Forum are covered in the report which also outlines next steps to develop the network further.
If you would like to be informed about the outcomes of the Forum or for any other inquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event has been held back-to-back with the OECD's Green Growth and Sustainable Development Forum on 14-15 December.